For some, LIMS stands for Laboratory Information Management Systems but for others, it stands for Love It, Maybe Sometimes….
The pressure is reaching an all-time high for the pharmaceutical industry to lower prices, maintain a competitive edge, deliver products to market faster and operate in compliance with increasingly strict regulations. For years, pharmaceutical companies have invested in LIMS technology to help meet these goals, only to find that they must spend even more time and money to obtain the efficiency gains that prompted them to consider LIMS in the first place. An article in Chemistry World reports that the software is usually around 40 percent of the overall cost of LIMS, but that helpdesk support, maintenance, configuration, integration, training and other consulting services makes up the remaining 60 percent. This is a significant cost that often becomes a roadblock on the path to loving LIMS.
We found this to be a universal pain point facing lab managers and LIMS administrators. They had LIMS in place, but they weren’t fully maximizing its potential because they were spending a considerable amount of time on redundant work with extremely high manual labor expenses.
That got us thinking – what if there was a customizable solution that would sit on top of any LIMS platform that defined and organized master data requirements? And what if the solution leverages object templates that are configured to your LIMS? Now there is a solution – LIMS Accelerator™, a tool that standardizes templates and facilitates use of automation to largely eliminate manual data entry and the transcription errors it causes. With LIMS Accelerator, resources can get back to the job of being lab managers and analysts, not data entry specialists. And they can get back to loving LIMS.
Five Ways User Feedback Can Transform Your Product Strategy
User feedback is a critical asset that can provide valuable insights into your users' wants and needs. It can also give important observations into your application's overall performance. In this article, Principal Product Strategist Toyia Smith shares five ways to better incorporate user feedback into your product strategy.
Balancing Technical Debt and New Features: A Product Owner’s Guide
The term "technical debt" frequently emerges in discussions about software development, product health and organizational effectiveness. However, its true meaning and the balance organizations must find between managing this debt and new feature innovation can be confusing. In this article, learn how to manage that delicate balance so you can create an exceptional product.
Navigating Digital Product Discovery: A Guide to Avoiding the 5 Common Pitfalls in Custom Product Development
In digital product development, a well-structured discovery phase is critical to a product’s long-term success. However, bringing a digital product from concept to reality can be challenging. In this article, Principal Product Strategist Josh Campbell shares his guide to avoiding five common pitfalls during digital product discovery.
Preparing Your Business for the Realities of AI and Machine Learning: Beyond the Hype
The buzz around artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) has almost certainly reached a fever pitch. With benefits including increased efficiency and enhanced customer experiences, many businesses are eager to take advantage of these technologies. In this article by Chief Technology Officer Derek Perry, learn why organizations need a solid foundation to ensure they're ready to harness the benefits of AI and ML, before jumping in headfirst.